Our current vacancies are listed below. If you would like to register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01225 876347.
Job: Head of Business Development
Salary: £30,000 – 40,000
Wanted – awesome multi-talented Head of Business Development for Bristol.
Taking the lead role for business development within this technology start up you will need to be an excellent communicator, confident, innovative, fun, organised, ambitious, a self starter and able to turn your hand to multiple tasks.
You must have the ability to sign up local small businesses as partners as well as meet with senior
government and corporate executives.
Candidates will have excellent project management skills and be highly proficient in Excel with a
good understanding of Google and Apple based programs.
We are an exciting start-up with our foot flat to the floor. We are initially launching across Bristol
and Bath before our wider UK launch. We are a small team of fun but very dedicated people.
Options in the business for the right person and generous structured salary increases as we
Job: Graduate Marketing Executive
Salary: £19,000 – £25,000
Due to expansion, an award-winning Marketing Technology company in Bristol have a fantastic career opportunity for a creative Marketing Executive to join their rapidly expanding team. This is a great opportunity to join a small but fast growth company with excellent career opportunities. Working with and reporting directly to the directors of the company you will be responsible for establishing and implementing the marketing strategy.
The main focus of the Marketing Executive role will be to create a variety of marketing materials to include engaging copy for a range of targeted marketing campaigns, social media and content marketing strategies.
This is an outstanding chance to be part of a fast-moving and international company that offers excellent personal development training and plenty of career progression opportunities.
We are looking for:
- Marketing experience as a Marketing Executive or Marketing focused Copywriter
- An understanding of SEO and strong copywriting experience/skills
- University graduate (preferably with a degree in Marketing, Journalism, English or similar field)
- A good eye for design (you don’t need to be a graphic designer but need some appreciation for what looks appealing)
- Empathy and being able to put yourself in the ‘shoes’ of your target customers
- Innovative mind set – continually looking to evaluate and improve your results and having an attitude of continuous improvement.
Job: Junior PHP Developer
Salary: £23,000 – £33,000
Are you an enthusiastic PHP web developer ready to move on to your next role? This is an exciting opportunity to be a programmer in a small team working directly with the business decision maker across a range of projects, supporting an interesting business. We have a motivated team who are very grateful when our problems are solved and our new ideas are implemented. You will find the work varied, challenging and rewarding – and always appreciated by the rest of the team! Tasks include the occasional large project, multiple mini-projects, adding new features to existing systems, and fixing bugs that have come to light.
You will be one of two or three coders working under the direction of the Commissioning Editor and Head of Business Support.
- Create robust bespoke systems to increase efficiency in the business.
- Create intuitive and fast user interfaces – for both internal staff and external customers.
- Balance the feedback of users with the requirements of your manager, and manage your workload to ensure an appropriate balance between time, quality and budget.
Minimum Application Requirement
- PHP programmer – either a very capable programming graduate with a placement year programing in PHP plus summer holiday programming projects or a mid-level developer with a minimum of 3 years’ relevant industry experience including applying modern PHP (“OOP” or “PHP 7”) in a medium/large project.
- Experience working with Git/GitLab, an MVC framework such as CodeIgniter, the bootstrap framework, significant experience with SQL.
- Good level of English Language.
Additional Desirable Attributes
- Strong communication skills
- GCSE Maths grade B (grade 7)
- A Level grade A or B in Computing or a scientific/technical subject such as Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Economics or Latin
- Computing/Programming-related degree or equivalent
- Higher level of English Language
- 8 years’ full-time experience working mainly on PHP projects
Job: Event Co-ordinator
This role is working for a small boutique marketing, promotions, sales and events agency. Working in a fun and energetic environment the company service a number of different clients on the Event/Sales side and are therefore looking for an Events Coordinator to assist in all areas to ensure all events run smoothly, dealing with event staff and event administration.
Qualities of an Events Coordinator:
-A confident, positive outlook with a ‘can do’ attitude.
-Conscientious with a proactive approach to the role.
-Ability to react to the business needs at a moment’s notice.
-Innovative and hands on.
-An excellent eye for detail.
- Assisting with booking shows (finding shows, booking forms, and power requirements)
- Organising logistics; i.e. van hires and kits, hotels and updating relevant spreadsheets
- Liaising with Logistics Manager with the above information
- Checking staff availability and inputting availability onto spreadsheet
- Assisting with the staffing of events in London and nationwide
- Documenting all the above by using Excel/dropbox
- Sending out briefs to all staff prior to all events
- Confirming all staff have received the brief and are confirmed
- Creating whatsapp groups for the event participants
- Replacing staff last minute should there be any drop outs
- 2 weekends a month dealing with out of hours’ issues and making sure the staff are present on the stands at the correct time
- Collating sales sheets from events and typing them up
- You will be required to be ‘on call’ either Saturday or Sunday to receive calls from staff with any concerns that may arise at the event
Job: Sales Development Representative
Salary: Competitive, realistic earnings of £40k in first year
A small but fast-growing SaaS business based in the heart of Somerset. We’ve been supporting organisations to win public sector work for over ten years and are a close nit bunch who work hard and play hard. Culture is key to our success and we’ve rapidly grown to circa 800 clients with consistent year-onyear growth and are looking to continue this success and are looking for our next team member to join us.
About You: Due to the nature of this role, SDR candidates must have strong interpersonal and communication skills across a variety of channels, particularly on the phone. As front-line representatives, you will create the first impression prospects have with our company, so we want to make sure you have the skills to make a lasting impact on potential customers. We’re looking for someone who’s excited to embark on their career in sales and wants to join a growing company to learn their craft.
Role Overview: Responsible for qualifying leads at the initial stages in the sales funnel. The SDR is tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities through both outbound and inbound calling activities. The right candidate will be one who works well under pressure, thinks out-ofthe-box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way phone conversations with prospects, and is highly self-motivated. You will research potential clients, connect with and educate prospects and qualify leads before handing over to the business development team.
• Cold call into prospects generated by variety of internal and external sources
• Identify key end users and decision makers,
• Researching and obtaining business requirements as well as existing service provision and end date
• Identify & qualify opportunities by providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
• Be responsible for educating and developing prospects leading to handoff to the business development team once a qualified appointment has been made
• Nurture new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with the business development team
• Drive attendance for webinars and live seminars, set meetings for conferences
• Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
• Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application
Role Requirements: This is an entry-level position which requires an ambitious self-starter who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty and eager to pick up the phone. You’ll have to be quick on the draw with the ability to think on your feet but will have the support of a team of experts to guide you and get you up to speed.
• Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent listening skills
• Positive and energetic phone presence
• Computer skills inc. MS Office suite
• Self-motivated with a drive to succeed
• 1+ years telemarketing experience
• CRM system experience
• Degree/ HND level qualification
• Previous sales experience
• Organisational skills
What’s in it for you? This is a full time, office-based role in a SaaS (Software as a Service) business based in central Bath. A competitive base salary with a generous target structure with the ability for successful candidates to realistically earn £40k in their first year. The right candidate, with time, will have a natural progression path to join the business development team and continue to hone their skills. Exciting times!
Email GradTalent@bathspa.ac.uk to register your interest
For more information please contact:
Phone: 01225 876 086