Our current vacancies are listed below. If you would like to register your interest please email email@example.com or call 01225 876347.
Job: Drama Assistant
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist in the teaching of Drama for approximately twenty lessons a week.
• Assist with all production rehearsals and performances in whatever capacity is required.
• Assist with GCSE and A Level assessment rehearsals and performances – including supervising evening rehearsals as required.
• Run one Drama activity a week by agreement with the Head of Department.
• Attend planning meetings at the start of term, departmental meetings weekly and production meetings as required.
• Manage department display areas and assist with publicity, both internal and external, for all performances.
• Produce and direct one production for KS3 during the course of the year or equivalent.
• Assist with all administrative tasks in the department as required.
• Assist on trips as organised by the department.
• Run workshops for GCSE & A Level Students on specific subject knowledge.
The ideal candidate
Qualifications, experience and skills
You will have:
• A degree in a relevant Arts discipline or equivalent level qualification
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
• Previous experience in a similar role or within an Arts organisation is desirable
• Computer literacy and the ability to use a variety of software including PowerPoint, Publisher and
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to interact appropriately with
others within the school community
• High creativity
• A high level of flexibility with a ‘can do’ attitude
• The ability to work independently and proactively and as part of a team
• Good organisational skills
• Emotional resilience and ability to work calmly under pressure
• Commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
• Flexible and with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Evidence of appropriate professional development
• Supportive of the Christian ethos of the school
• Open to new ideas and practices
It is your responsibility to help promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons for whom you are responsible, or with whom you come into contact, and to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Child Protection Policy Statement at all times. If, in the course of carrying out the duties of the post, you become aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the school you must report any concerns to the School’s Designated Safeguarding Lead. Protecting children from the risk of radicalisation is part of the School’s safeguarding duties (under the
Terms and conditions
Normal hours of work
Your normal hours of work will be 40 hours per week, term time only. Working hours may include evenings and some weekends. This is a fixed term appointment from 1 September 2021 to 6 July 2022.
Paid holiday entitlement is 28 days per annum, pro-rata, inclusive of bank holidays. No holiday may ben taken during term time. It should be noted that the May Day Bank Holiday is a normal working day for the School.
Staff development review
Your Staff Development Review will be undertaken by the Head of Drama.
Job: Teaching Assistant
Salary: £19,000 – £20,000
Our Teaching Assistants are exceptional colleagues who are filled with the passion, energy and commitment needed to deliver outstanding support and care to our young people and particularly to those who need it most. We are seeking exceptional candidates who are excited by the prospect of joining our team and taking on this highly rewarding and valued role within our school community, one that sits right at the heart of our provision for pastoral and academic care.
Applicants must have a minimum of five GCSE (or equivalent) passes at Grade C or above including English and Mathematics and have the flexibility to contribute to in-class support, small group work and one to one support of students with SEND. Equally as important, however, are the ‘softer’ skills needed to engage, inspire and encourage our young people to achieve their very best.
You do not need to have worked as a teaching assistant before, although of course we also welcome applications from experienced professionals seeking a new career challenge in an outstanding school.
We welcome applications from those considering a career in teaching and who are seeking to gain hands-on experience, or who are currently studying for a career in teaching but require flexible, part-time hours to fit in around their studies.
Post: Teaching Assistants
Contract type: Fixed term to 31 August 2022. Full/part time, flexible hours by negotiation. Term time only plus all INSET days.
Hours: Up to 30.83 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8.45am- 3.15pm. Flexible working requests will be considered outside the hours stated.
Salary: Grade 3 SCP 5-6, £19,312 – £19,698 full-time equivalent.
For more information please contact:
Phone: 01225 876 086